Banquet & Awards Information - RSVP Now- Take 2
Hi Again Laser Families!
My apologies, the links in the previous email were not working correctly, so I took them out and am re-sending the email. Please be sure to read through this important email regarding our upcoming banquet.
Our end of the season
team awards banquet and celebration of all our swimmers’ achievements this
summer is on Sunday, July 22. This event
is for the entire team, including the pre-team. You can come for dinner at Lake
Marion Community Center or just join us for the presentation of awards, so be
sure to wear your Sunday best! We will be serving dinner from 5:30pm-7:00pm and
the awards ceremony will be from 7:00pm-8:30pm.
Our end of the season team awards banquet and celebration of all our swimmers’ achievements this summer is on Sunday, July 22. This event is for the entire team, including the pre-team. You can come for dinner at Lake Marion Community Center or just join us for the presentation of awards, so be sure to wear your Sunday best! We will be serving dinner from 5:30pm-7:00pm and the awards ceremony will be from 7:00pm-8:30pm.
The dinner requires an RSVP and it will cost $13 per person to attend the banquet portion this evening as it will be catered by P.I.G.S. (Pork Is Good Stuff) BBQ (children 2 or younger are free). Dinner will include an option of pulled pork, beef brisket or chicken fingers (for our youngest diners), garden salad, mac & cheese, cole slaw, cornbread, rolls and bottled water. Cake will be served to everyone during the awards portion of the evening.
Deadline for RSVP is Friday, July 20 at 12 noon. You can submit your RSVP and payment right on the SwimTopia site. Please select the ‘Banquet & Awards Ceremony’ event if you would like to attend both the dinner and awards. You can pay directly through the website with your credit card. This event requires online payment. Please note that all online credit card payments will incur a convenience fee. This convenience fee covers the cost that the Lake Marion Swim Team incurs for processing the credit card payment. Because this is a catered event, no refunds will be offered. If you prefer to pay by check, see the instructions below.
To pay for the banquet by check, please follow the instructions below:
- Select ‘Banquet and Awards Ceremony’ in the events list on SwimTopia
- Please press the "continue to payment" button on the RSVP page
- Then press the "back" button on your web-browser at the payment page. This will allow you to RVSP but pay by check.
- Please make checks payable to ‘LMST’ and return in an envelope to Karrie Shuttles. You can find me on deck or put your check in the Shuttles folder in the family bins.
If you would only like to attend the Awards part of the evening, please select ‘Awards Ceremony Only’ in the event list on SwimTopia to submit your RSVP. Please plan to arrive by 7:00pm if you are just attending the awards ceremony.
Deadline to RSVP: Friday, July 20 at 12 noon
Deadline for Payment by Check: Saturday, July 21 at 12 noon
Here's a timeline for the evening:
- 5:30pm dinner begins and is catered by P.I.G.S. BBQ ($13 per person)
- We will be eating in the gym. This has been approved by MVF based on the size of the team. We need to leave the gym spotless after we've finished.
- 7:00-8:30pm will be the Awards ceremony. Cake will be served during awards.
- During the ceremony, we will recognize graduating seniors and key swimmers in various categories; Sportsmanship, Most Improved, Perseverance, Coaches Award, Excellence & Record Breakers.
- The ceremony will end with a slide show put together by Coach Austyn.
- For those not eating, please plan to arrive by 7:00pm for the awards part of the evening.
We will need help in ensuring the evening runs smoothly. So, we are asking for 10 volunteers to help setup/decorate the Lake Marion Community Center and gym for the banquet and 6 volunteers to serve food. We also need 3 volunteers to help serve cake and 10 volunteers to cleanup after the banquet and awards ceremony. Please sign up for one of these volunteer positions after you RSVP for the banquet.
As Coach Austyn has so generously offered to put together the slide show, she is asking that everyone upload their photos to Cluster by Wednesday night. This will give her enough time to pull everything together. If you haven’t joined Cluster yet, please do so by clicking on this link: https://cluster.co/i/E2D6FRMA
We look forward to seeing all of you at the awards banquet as we celebrate the end of a great summer swim season! Be on the lookout for more details as the banquet gets closer!
Let’s Go Lasers!