Banquet & Awards Ceremony
Our end of the season team awards banquet and celebration of all our swimmers’ achievements this summer is on Sunday, July 21. This event is for the entire team, including the pre-team. You can come for dinner at Lake Marion Community Center or just join us for the presentation of awards, so be sure to wear your Sunday best! We will be serving dinner from 6:00pm-7:00pm and the awards ceremony will be from 7:00pm-8:30pm. We will be serving cake from 6:45pm-7:00pm.
The dinner requires an RSVP and it will cost $14 per person to attend the banquet portion this evening as it will be catered by Moby Dick House of Kabob (children 3 or younger are free). This event is for the entire team, including the pre-team. Dinner will include options of ground beef kabob, chicken kabob or beef kabob, rice, salad, grilled tomatoes, pita bread, yogurt cucumber sauce, hummus and bottled water. Our vegetarian option is a falafel platter; please ask for this option in the comments as it will be ordered upon request.
Deadline for RSVP is Thursday, July 18 at 12 noon. You can submit your RSVP and payment right on the SwimTopia site. Please select the ‘Banquet & Awards Ceremony’ event if you would like to attend both the dinner and awards. You can pay directly through the website with your credit card, no cash or checks will be accepted given the short turn around time. Please note that all online credit card payments will incur a small convenience fee. This convenience fee covers the cost that the Lake Marion Swim Team incurs for processing the credit card payment. Because this is a catered event, no refunds will be offered.
If you would only like to attend the Awards part of the evening, please select ‘Awards Ceremony Only’ in the event list on SwimTopia to submit your RSVP. Please plan to arrive by 7:00pm if you are just attending the awards ceremony.
Here's a timeline for the evening:
- 6:00pm dinner begins and is catered by Moby Dick ($14 per person)
- We will be eating in the gym. This has been approved by MVF based on the size of the team. We need to leave the gym spotless after we've finished.
- Cake will be served from 6:45pm-7:00pm.
- 7:00-8:30pm will be the Awards ceremony.
- During the ceremony, we will recognize all our swimmers, our graduating seniors and key swimmers in various categories; Sportsmanship, Most Improved, Perseverance, Coaches Award, Excellence & Record Breakers.
- For those not eating dinner, please plan to arrive by 7:00pm for the awards part of the evening.
We will need help in ensuring the evening runs smoothly. Please consider signing up for one of these volunteer positions after you RSVP for the banquet. We are asking for several volunteers throughout the night as follows:
- setup/decorate – arrange tables & chairs, decorate and get the gym ready
- serve food – serve dinner to the team as they come through the buffet line
- cake servers – cut and serve cake
- cleanup – put away the tables and chairs, throw the trash and return the gym to normal
We will be putting all the Cluster photos on a slideshow during dinner and as we prepare for the awards, so please be sure your photos are uploaded by Saturday evening at 7:00pm so we have enough time to pull them all together. If you haven’t joined Cluster yet, please do so by clicking on this link: https://cluster.co/i/E2D6FRMA
We look forward to seeing all of you at the awards banquet as we celebrate the end of a great summer swim season! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Let’s Go Lasers!