ACTION REQUIRED: Banquet Details
Hello Laser Families and Coaches!
Our end of the season team awards banquet and celebration of all our swimmers’ achievements this summer is on Sunday, July 23, 2023. This event is for the entire team, including the pre-team. You can come for dinner at Lake Marion Community Center or just join us for the presentation of awards, either way, be sure to wear your Sunday best! We will be serving dinner from 6:00pm-7:00pm and the awards ceremony will be from 7:00pm-9:00pm. We will be serving cake from 6:45pm-7:00pm, everyone is invited to take part in the cake.
The dinner requires an RSVP and it will cost $20 per person to attend the banquet portion this evening as it will be catered by Mission BBQ (children 3 or younger are free). This event is for the entire team, including the pre-team. Dinner will include pulled pork, pulled chicken, mac & cheese, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, corn bread and bottled water.
Deadline for RSVP is Thursday, July 20 at 12pm. You can submit your RSVP on the website under Schedule, All Meets and Events. Please select the ‘Dinner & Awards Banquet’ event if you would like to attend both the dinner and awards. You can submit payment to Karrie Shuttles or any committee member via cash or check payable to ‘LMST’ no later than Friday, July 21 at 7pm (pasta dinner). Please submit your payment in an envelope marked banquet with your name. You can also Venmo @Karrie-Shuttles with your name and ‘LMST Banquet’ in the comments (please be sure it is a personal transaction, not a business transaction, thanks). Because this is a catered event, no refunds will be offered.
If you would like to attend the Awards Only part of the evening, please select ‘Awards Night Only’ in the Schedule, All Meets and Events tab on the website to submit your RSVP. Please plan to arrive by 7:00pm if you are only attending the awards ceremony.
Here's an estimated timeline for the evening:
- 6:00pm dinner begins and is catered by Mission BBQ
- 6:45pm-7:00pm cake will be served to everyone attending the evenings events
- 7:00-9:00pm will be the Awards ceremony
- During the ceremony, we will recognize all our swimmers, our graduating seniors and key swimmers in various categories, Sportsmanship, Most Improved, Spirit, Perseverance, Coaches Award, Excellence & Record Breakers
- For those not eating dinner, please plan to arrive by 7:00pm for the awards part of the evening.
We will need help in ensuring the evening runs smoothly. Please consider signing up for one of these volunteer positions after you RSVP for the banquet and awards. We are asking for several volunteers throughout the night as follows:
- setup/decorate – arrange tables & chairs, decorate and get the gym ready
- serve food – serve dinner to the team as they come through the buffet line
- cake servers – cut and serve cake
- cleanup – put away the tables and chairs, throw the trash and return the gym and activity room to normal
Slideshow & Cluster
We will be putting all the Cluster photos on a slideshow during
dinner and as we prepare for the awards, so please be sure your photos are
uploaded by Saturday at 3:00pm so we have enough time to pull them all
together. If you haven’t joined Cluster yet, please do so by clicking on this
We look forward to seeing all of you at the banquet and awards night as we celebrate the end of a great summer swim season! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Let’s Go Lasers!