Please Read: Divisionals!
Hello Laser Family!
We hope to see you at our final pasta dinner of the season tonight!
If you have a swimmer in tomorrow’s meet, please close your blinds and make sure your pets are inside tonight. Our team fairies will make some special deliveries this evening. Please make sure your swimmer brings their special delivery to tomorrow morning’s meet.
Our divisional championship meet will be AWAY at Quail Valley (18701 Quail Valley Boulevard, Gaithersburg, MD 20879) tomorrow. The theme is Red and Black! We will award our last spirit awards, so come decked out in Red and Black to show your Lake Marion pride!
Lake Marion warm ups start bright and early at 6:45 AM, so be at the pool no later than 6:30 AM. We are assigned to lanes 1-3. Rise and shine swimmers!
The meet will start at 8:00 AM and the lineup is attached. Please print out a copy of the program and/or review it with your swimmer(s) so they know their events/heats/lanes. Our team area is to the far right as you walk through the pool entrance.
Volunteers, here is your timeline!
- Stroke and Turn briefing at 7:15 AM for Nelson Hunter
- Timer briefing (regardless of half timing) at 7:30 AM
- 1st half: Angie Niemiec (lane 1 - recorder), Stephen Ravas (lane 3), Reggie Arias (lane 5)
- 2nd half: Laura Keeler (lane 1 - recorder), Nicole Clagett (lane 3), Daniela Falcone (lane 5)
- Runners have no briefing, but thank you to Eda and Brandi Valencia for sharing this role!
- Thank you to Irma Najarro for being our clerk of course, Jen Caldwell for being our awards volunteer, and Fatima Rasulova-Lewis for being our automation representative.
If your family did not receive a parking pass, please consider carpooling. While there is street parking in the neighborhood, it is limited. You may need to drop off your swimmers at the driveway entrance and walk a distance back to the pool. Hopefully with our early warm up time our team will be able to snag some of the closest available spots on the street.
Fine Designs will set up on site to make and sell custom apparel at the meet. Their prices are as follows:
- $25-$38 - t-shirts
- $35-$45 - long sleeve shirts
- $38-$60 - Tie-Dye shirts, long sleeve shirts, hoodies.
- $50-$60 - Hoodies
- $35-$74 - Dri-fit shirts, long sleeve shirts, performance hoodies, performance quarter-zips
There are additional fees for add ons, including a list of swimmers’ names. They are able to accept all major credit card methods of payment, as well as cash onsite.
We will meet at the McDonalds at 9100 Rothbury Dr for a quick team lunch after the meet. The coaches will hand out the ribbons and medals our swimmers earned that morning, as well as the season’s final spirit awards.
Let’s Go Lasers!
Daria, on behalf of the swim committee
P.S. - Gordy wanted to thank everyone who helped with concessions this year. It was a team effort! Thank you to those who grilled, set up, cleaned up, prepared food, created special beverage concoctions, and sold items during the meets. And thank you to the families who made purchases as well. It wouldn’t have been possible without all of you!